Friday, May 05, 2006

Another Welcome For Wendi...

And I thought I was being tough on her!

Autoegocrat on Pesky Fly has done a great job welcoming her home.

Dear Wendi,

So you've decided that there's no place like home, eh? You're back in the River City, and having now passed up a once-every-27-years opportunity, you're home again on the front page of the Metro section of the Memphis Commercial Appeal. We're stuck with you, but you're also stuck with us.

I must be perfectly frank, Wendi, I don't like your column very much. But before you dismiss me as one of those who minds and therefore doesn't matter, can I persuade you that my dislike of your column is more flattering than insulting? I can? Thank you for being patient with me. I will explain myself shortly.

You are the premier black female columnist for a white-owned commercial newspaper in a majority black Southern city with a worldwide reputation for racial intolerance. Memphis is the scene of The Crime; our shared hometown is the physical location where the immortal spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. left the planet forever, bound for places hoped for and yet unseen. Whether you fully realize and appreciate it or not, you occupy a position of unique historical import, significance, and power. No one else has ever held in their hands the precise opportunity that is presently yours alone, and for the rest of human history, no one else ever will.

Click here to read the rest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»