Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ann-Marie James at The Medicine Factory, Opening June 30th

I got this from two lovely ladies at The Lantana Projects, a local nonprofit art residency program, and I'd like to thank them for giving me a heads up on what I'm certain will be a great art show. Lantana previously brought us the works of James Clar, whose works with light beautified South Main.

Sarah, Elizabeth, remember how I told you that a lot of journalists are lazy and will copy and paste from your press release?

Well, I can only loosely be described as a journalist. But lazy fits me to a t.

Lantana Projects presents Mobile an exhibit of work from Ann-Marie James, current international artist-in-residence, opening June 30 at 6 pm at The Medicine Factory in downtown Memphis. James was selected for the residency in late 2005 by the international review board of Lantana Projects. She arrived June 6 and will be in Memphis until July 2.

Ann-Marie James graduated from Central Saint Martins College of Art (London) in 2004 with a degree in Fine Art. She has since begun to establish her practice as a photographer and filmmaker, with works including large-scale photographic installations and video projections.? She has exhibited across Europe, in countries including England, Ireland, France, Portugal, Germany and Spain.

This residency with Lantana Projects marks her first visit and exhibition in the United States. Mobile is the culmination of her month spent living in Memphis and her documentation of the Southern landscape.

Click here to visit Ann-Marie James' website and see some of her prior work.

I hope people will join me there for what promises to be an interesting evening.

Click here for a Google Map to The Medicine Factory. See? Now you have no excuse for not coming.

6 comments:

David Holt said...

First link is dead, dude.

Freedonian said...

I just doublechecked my URL, and it's right. They may be having some site issues tonight. When I was there a few minutes ago (Copying and pasting the links to put here) it was working, but several links on the homepage were inactive because of site construction.

I'll try it again in the morning. Thanks for the heads up.

Sarah said...

Sorry about the fiesty link... We just transferred to a new host, but it should be fine now. Rick, thanks so much for the shout-out!

Freedonian said...

My pleasure, Sarah.

Julie said...

Hello..I believe your google map to Medicine Factory is incorrect. We are located at 85 W Virginia Ave @ Kentucky (which is north of Crump Blvd). Many thanks for mentioning us. See you there!

Freedonian said...

Thank you for catching that, Julie. It's corrected now.

See you there.