Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Bloggers Bash Wrapup

First, I want to thank Mike Hollihan over at Half-Bakered for putting this together. We really should do this more often.

It's always great to see the lovely Serrabee again. I had the pleasure of meeting her at a Drinking Liberally event, and she's a pleasure to be around.

Some of the guests are longtime friends of mine. West Tennessee Liberal and Polar Donkey are great guys and terrific allies in the battle for the soul of Memphis politics.

And it was really great to be able to attach a face to newer friends and allies, such as Leftwing Cracker, Wintermute, Autoegocrat, Pesky Fly, and the magnificent Kibitzer.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Tom over at Leanleft, as well as a few fellows from the other side of the fence. Tom and I had a spriited, though never angry discussion with Alphapatriot on issues ranging from Iraq to vouchers. We didn't agree, but it was a damn good discussion.

Brock over at BattlePanda has posted a complete list of the attendees. I had a notepad, and he had a pen. Put us together, and we almost look prepared for something.

I also made the acquaintance of a couple of very lovely young ladies from a local arts group that I have sadly already forgotten the name of. Blame it on your charm--- I was too dazzled by the company I was in to actually remember the name of the organization. They both told me their mission, so I'm hoping to have enough information to be able to promote their fine work in the days to come. Thank you Sarah and Elizabeth.

Ladies, gentlemen, it was a very nice evening. Thank you all.

5 comments:

Brock said...

Pix here:

http://battlepanda.blogspot.com/2006/06/blogger-bash-pix.html

Serrabee said...

Good to see you again, too.
The arts group is Lantana, btw---http://www.lantanaprojects.org/.

Freedonian said...

Thank you, Serrabee. I absolutely blanked out on the name when I sat down to write last night.

Brassmask said...

Freedonian,

It was great to meet you as well.

The link to my site is kind of wierd. The URL is http://www.brassmask.com/news.php

Thanks!

Freedonian said...

Oops! Correcting that now...