Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Joint Drunken VICTORY Post!!!

Okay, this is Rick talking. Pam and I have decided to write a joint post. We're simply passing my laptop back and forth and having a little jam in the key of drunk.

Rick: Okay, I'm sitting here with Pam, Sarah, Brandon, Rebecca, and Mike. We actually WON the whole damn thing tonight. After three weeks of struggling upwards through obscurity, we finally won the damn thing tonight. Pam?

Pam: Well, our victory tonight cost me some downtown friends, and my Sunday brunch spot at Sleep Out Louie's, but hell... IT WAS DAMNED WORTH IT!!! After all, I can always cook brunch at my place. And I can make some mean mimosas too....

Rick: I'm counting on you to make some mean mimosas sometime! We've been going to Flying Saucer for a few weeks now (I'm linking to their website so I can show Pam how to link). Hopefully, Pam's downtown friends will forgive her for not playing for their team. Of course, I'm ecstatic we had her--- There were a few questions where we would have been sunk without the assistance of the lovely Pam.

Pam: In my own defense, I got kicked off of that team, so it is only fair... Middle-school flashback by the way. Yeah, I've been kicked out of better places. But I am still kicking --the liberal way!

Rick: You're never a true liberal until you've been kicked out of a few places. My philosophy, anyway. If you saw Pam tonight, you would have some idea what a bunch of jackasses would be required to kick her off of a team. I mean damn! She could make a good dog break its leash.

Pam: Honey, for those kind of occasions, I carry my own leash (and a whip and some hand cuffs too) BDSM, anyone?

Rick: If I'm not back in a week, forward my mail.

Pam: That's a good Catholic upbringing right there... What can I say, don't expect much decorum with Freedonian and I posting together. Ditto for political correcteness...

Rick: Gotta have something to talk about in the confessional, right? I mean, I imagine the priest hears enough "impure thoughts" stuff. Gotta give him something more interesting than that, right? Pam, I imagine walking on a secluded beach with you, watching that old Jamaican moon... (Pssst... Why is that old Jamaican mooning us? Not important. Let's focus on the rest of it).

Pam: Uh... after giving that priest in high school his first heart attack, I figured that I was doing a disservice to the Catholic faith by confessing, so I don't do that anymore. Nobody should die for my sins...

Rick: How about mild discomfort? Severe injury? I'm willing to brave more than a few inconveniences, you know. I'm not willing to vote a straight Republican ticket, mind you, but anything else is negotiable.

Pam: And guys, that is how Freedonian worked his magic on me... Come to the dark side! We've got mojitos! -- he said. Right there and then, I was sold.

Rick: Check, please. Quickly.

Pam: Yep. Good call, it is time to go. After all, it is a school night. I have to be at work bright and early tomorrow (which is never bright nor early, for me). We'll be back soon with another post. Stay tuned!

Rick: SWEET! Gotta go before she changes her mind.

Pam: Bye folks!

12 comments:

David Holt said...

You sly dog, you.

Freedonian said...

Yeah. In a little while, I have to go back over there. We can't find the handcuff key, so I'm taking her some sandwiches.

Pam said...

Free at last!

Anyway, you can only imagine having to call into work this morning and trying to explain my absence to my boss: "Uh, I'll be coming in late, cuz, uh... can't find my keys..."

Moral of the story: before engaging in locked related activities, make sure you have the keys handy... Oh, and screwdrivers and tweezers don't work.

Freedonian said...

Neither do paper clips. Yet I could swear I've seen MacGyver do it. And she probably did too. I turned that on this morning and then left the remote where she couldn't reach it.

Does Hallmark make a card that says "Sorry I made you watch hours of shitty TV?" If so, that should probably accompany the flowers.

Pam said...

Hallmark card, flowers?

Have we met?

Veuve Clicquot and prozac will take you much further in the forgiving department, my dear... And start working on those Grizzlies court seat tickets!

Freedonian said...

The Clicquot I can do. Prozac... I don't have a prescription, so that could take some time. Does anyone have the number of Limbaugh's doctor?

Grizzlies courtside... That's a tall order. Who do I have to blackmail to get those?

Pam said...

What if you were to pledge political allegiance to some imaginary FBI sponsored corporation in exchage for good seats...

Seems to work for some people.

Freedonian said...

I could manage that. I can sell my soul. It's not like I'm using it, right? What's a fair asking price?

David Holt said...

Get a room you two. You know, I have courtside Grizzlies tickets, but I ain't giving those things up just for Rick to suck up to ya with. :-)

Freedonian said...

Thanks for nothing, Ebenezer Holt.

Pam said...

Grizzlies courtside tickets? I'll suck up to ya for that...

Rick: I'll post the scores for you after the game. And if you are good, I may even get you one of those Grizzlie bobble head dolls...

Freedonian said...

*Sniff sniff* Fine then, be that way. I'll just save the bottle of Clicquot for Scarlett Johansen.