Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Morons of the Right: Part 61,254,985


It’s not very often that we see such a profound, shining example of Right Wing Dumbth. How, pray tell, can you see something like this and not comment on it?

The Onion wrote a satirical piece in which a woman told readers how “psyched” she was to be getting an abortion. Some choice nuggets from the article:

"Those pro-life activists made it pretty clear that, unlike me, they actually think abortion is bad and to be avoided. Are they nuts? Abortion is the best!"

"It wasn't until now that I was lucky enough to be pregnant with a child I had no means to support."

"I just know it's going to be the best non-anesthetized invasive uterine surgery ever!"


It’s painfully obvious to all sentient life forms that the piece is satire, parodying the talking points of single issue abortion zealots that would vote for Pol Pot if he came out and said that he didn’t support a woman’s right to choose. They pretend that teenage girls spend the weekend shagging away and stop by a Planned Parenthood clinic on Monday morning, where they’re talked into a procedure they don’t want by a latter day Freddy Krueger that stands to make big bucks off of performing abortions (All right wing talking points used on me at one point or another by anti-abortion zealots, condensed and combined for your convenience here).

In other words, the article would only be taken seriously by a person with less brainwave activity than your average rock.

Enter Pete of the “March Together For Life” blog, who I’m pretty sure thought he was writing something profound with this:

To sum it up, Miss Weber said:

"I realize there are people who will criticize me, calling me selfish and immature because I took "the easy way out." I realize there are those who will condemn me to hell for what I'm about to do. Well, I don't care what they say: It's worth it for all the fun and laughs I'm going to have at the clinic. So listen up, world: I'm pro-abortion... and I love it! See you at my post-abortion party, everybody!"

Miss Weber, you have killed your child, which you admit is a baby/human being, intentionally. That does make you an admitted murderer. I'm not going to "condemn you to hell", I'm going to pray for your forgiveness and for the suffering which you will endure when you realize what you have done. Every baby you see from that moment on is going to wake you up to the realization that you killed your child.


There you have it. It’s not very often that the dumbest people in America are kind enough to wear a sign saying “Yoo Hoo! I’m a moron!” So we should probably all thank “Pete” for his kindness.

Hat tip to Jilly Jill of The Young Turks.

3 comments:

Serrabee said...

If I were them, I'd be embarassed to have any cause which would accept members like themselves. I think Groucho Marx said that.

Freedonian said...

Gotta dig a woman that can quote Groucho! Whatever it is, he's against it.

PeskyFly said...

Back when Memphis was bidding for an NBA team against Charlotte and the decision seemed to come down to who would build the fancier stadium, The onion wrote a piece about how Congress was unhappy with the old Capital building, and was considering a move from D.C to either Charlotte or Memphis.

The story was picked up by an Asian news service and run as actual news.

Needless to say, it kade the Fly on the Wall's day.

Yeah buddy!