Saturday, August 12, 2006

For Blinders Off...

First, I have to thank Autoegocrat for posting this. I might have missed it in the comments on West Tennessee Liberal's site.

The following is the last comment I will post, but I will continue to visit my favorite Memphis political blogs when my health permits it.

Blinders Off has been battling with MS for some time now. While I wouldn't presume to pretend I know what the world looks like when viewed through her eyes, I can say that I've seen the kind of struggles she faces. Multiple sclerosis is a cruel disease, and I had an aunt and an uncle that suffered from it.

I can only say that I wish you well, and you're in my thoughts and prayers. If you don't respond to this, then that's fine--- That's not the purpose of this.

But I did want you to know that we're out here thinking of you.

Thank you, for your support.

Rick & Pam

Blinder's Off's Blogs:

Living-With-MS
Did--U-Know

2 comments:

Blinders Off said...

Freedonian and Pam,

Thank you for thinking of me during my exacerbation with MS. The blogosphere has been busy.

Speaking about your healthcare post, I worry the day is going to come when my insurance carrier is going to find a reason to kick me out or make it unaffordable for me to purchase my medication. They have already increased the co-pay of two of my prescription.

The one I depend on the most is my Copaxone (a daily injection) that is suppose to slow the progression of the lesions in the brain cost $1300.00 a month last year. This year it is now $1495.00 a month. Copaxone is only one out of many prescriptions I must take and that does not include when I have to go to the infusion center when necessary (that cost is more).

Like the public service commercial states, "No one dream of growing up to have multiple sclerosis".

I only hope and pray our politicians think about OUR healthcare survival as they have SECURED their own healthcare and pension survival.

Freedonian said...

Blinders,

There's never a need to thank us. We're always thrilled to see you around.

Speaking about your healthcare post, I worry the day is going to come when my insurance carrier is going to find a reason to kick me out or make it unaffordable for me to purchase my medication.

I do too. And I hate to add to your worries, but it's a realistic possibility if we don't take back the Hill soon.

Did you read up on the Enzi bill that came up a few months ago? He sponsored a bill that would have deregulated the entire insurance industry and made it so that any ailment that is required coverage in 46 states or less (A magic number I believe they arrived at because they didn't want to piss off every diabetic in the country) would no longer be required in a medical plan. It would have been devastating had it passed. Not a single Republican voted against him on it. We dodged a bullet--- Only two Dems crossed over on that one (Mary Landrieu and Ben Nelson--- Nelson cosponsored) and thankfully, we made the filibuster stick.

That was terrifying, and one of the worst things was that we couldn't get any real attention for it. Most advocacy groups opposed it, but there was almost no national coverage.