Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Not Saying It's True, BUT...

...I just wanted to show what was on the minds of the voters.



'Twas the week of election and all through the city

The voters were agrumble; Their choices were shitty

I convened with liberals both meek and hardy

To doff beer downtown at the State of the Union Party



As the party broke up, some went to Huey's

(Breaking rhyme pattern because what rhymes with Huey's?)

Spence poster on the window, brochures at the door

And more than a few wadded up on the floor



And what to my wondering eyes did appear

When I stepped to the urinal to return rented beer?

This:



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

kibitzer said...

"Phooey," "Hooey," "Screwy," "Newies," Trying to help my homey find rhymes.

kibitzer said...

"Phooey," "Hooey," "Screwy," "Newies," Trying to help my homey find rhymes.

LeftWingCracker said...

Not to mention Huey's brothers, Dewy and Louie.....

Freedonian said...

Thank you, brothers. Of course, it occurred to me as I was driving to work after posting this that the party I left to go to the previously thought unrhymable "Huey's" was in fact being held at "Sleepout Louie's".

I shouldn't try to write poetry with a hangover.