Monday, January 08, 2007

Sir, You Suck.

Congratulations. Comparatively speaking, you just made me look like a nice guy.

On this site, I've taken plenty of shots at people. But there's always been some kind of purpose. A few Jake Ford jokes tossed in here and there helped demonstrate why I thought (And still think) he would have been a horrific choice to represent this district in Congress. I've been something less than gentle (There's an understatement for you) in expressing my opinions about public figures ranging from local politicians to the bumbler-in-chief. And yes, I poked fun at Roscoe Dixon's girth in the context of pointing out how absurd it is that a man who obviously never misses a meal had the gall to ask his supporters to fast in the hopes he would get a lighter sentence.

But never... Never have I gone where you did the other day. Cruelty simply for the sake of cruelty. Insulting a young lady just to have something to say.

And for what purpose? It's not like what you wrote was even remotely funny. There was nothing clever about it. It was just vicious for vicious' sake.

I could respond in kind. Don't think I haven't considered it.

But the truth is, there's nothing I could say that could make people think any less of you than reading your own words can.

3 comments:

LeftWingCracker said...

I just got this through Bloglines, went to NIT and saw that shit that he wrote, and then I saw PK's gracious and terrific response.

I'm not tiny, either, and that shit is NOT funny, and I intend to call his ass on it.

However, PK handled it beautifully, and I'll leave it that way out of respect for her, she's terrific.

And I've never even met her.

Blinders Off said...

If you have nothing nice to say, it is best to say nothing at all.

Words can be lethal!

Fortunately, for PK she was mentally stronger to handle the cruelty of his words.

Desi Franklin said...

Freedonian,

As a woman, I respect you so much for calling your blogging friend out on this. I could say a lot more, but that pretty much does it for me.