Friday, February 16, 2007

Has Tennessee Seceded From The Union Again?

I just wanted to check after reading this drivel from Representative Stacey Campfield:
Is a death certificate worse then [sic] the fact that partial birth abortion is legal in Tennessee? If you had a choice to end one or the other, what would you put your effort behind stopping? Have you?
Now, the last time I checked, Tennessee was still a part of the United States of America, right? Granted, I had a few beers last night, but I didn't think I was out that long.

So, unless we have, in fact, seceded, then we are still subject to the Partial Birth Abortion Ban of 2003, are we not? I think most people that have so much as a glancing familiarity with law are at least vaguely aware of its passage, although I could be wrong. I would certainly expect more out of an elected official.

No comments: