Friday, April 27, 2007

Briefs

Just a few things I've thought were worth commenting on, but perhaps not a full post's worth:

Mass-Debaters (Say it out loud)
I follow elections very closely. Election Day is my Super Bowl Sunday. Yet even I cannot bring myself to give a damn about a debate that takes place almost a year before the first voters get to chime in on the presidential race. If I had stayed home to watch TV, I would have watched "Smallville" instead.

George Tenet has said that he has been set up as the scapegoat for the Iraq invasion. Duh. It didn't really help matters when you fell on your sword, effectively giving the president carte blanche to pin it all on you. If you didn't see this coming, then I understand the current sorry state of our intelligence agencies. Prediction for those who were not clever enough to see this coming: The sun will come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun. You heard it here first.

Yes, McCain was a dick.

Thank you, WKNO-HD, for managing to play the wrong broadcast Wednesday night. As I sat down to watch the Bill Moyers show from the other night, I selected it on my DVR playlist only to find out that I had indeed recorded two different showings of "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room"--- Which is a good show, don't get me wrong. but I hardly needed two recordings of it! Thank you for being so on the ball that you've apparently made "put in the right tape" fall under the heading of skilled labor.

The Memphis Police have found most of the weapons stolen from the SWAT team van. Congratulations! Much of the last two weeks has been spent discussing guns and responsibility, particularly as it relates to the illegal weapons that make their way into dangerous hands when people irresponsibly leave them in their vehicles while they eat dinner. Say--- How were those assault weapons stolen again?

And while I'm thinking about weapons--- Fuck you too. Conservatives always find an excuse not to talk about the things they don't want to talk about. Statistically speaking, more people are murdered every day with guns than were killed in the Virginia Tech rampage. So please let me know when the bodies start hitting the deck infrequently enough for you to have the balls to have this conversation.

2 comments:

nut-meg said...

I taped the Moyers thing, if you want to watch it.

Freedonian said...

Unfortunately, I haven't even had anything that plays a tape in three years or more.

So thank you, but I'll just have to watch it online. I appreciate it, though.