Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Loving. Google. Earth.


Sure, it was kind of neat being able to see a 3-D view of my house. I used it once to look at an apartment building I lived in at the time, and actually saw an overhead view of my car in the parking garage.

But the cool just got cooler. I just read on CNN that you can now use Google Earth to track the atrocities in Darfur.

I checked it out--- It works very well. This is a screen capture. It allows you to see the latest satellite imagery of the burned out villages.

Technology is making it harder and harder to ignore this region. Sooner or later, the president might even take notice.
Google is doing this in conjunction with the United States Holocaust Museum, and you can also now use Google Earth to check out the sites of the old concentration camps.
Google. It's not just for boobies anymore.

1 comment:

'Coma said...

This is sorta creepy, absolutely amazing all rolled into one thing.