Thursday, May 17, 2007

Straight Outta Fordville.

So it's come to my attention that there are some upset voters in District 89.

Jeanne Richardson signs are popping up all over the district. The problem is that not everyone who now has a Richardson sign in the front yard is someone that actually requested one.

For anyone that's familiar with Memphis politics at all, you'll recognize the tactic. People involved with the Ford campaigns (And as I've pointed out before, there is definitely some overlap) have a tendency to do that. I've seen it firsthand myself--- I went to a Ford event, came out, and found his bumper sticker stuck to my car.

Congressman Steve Cohen, whose successful congressional campaign was managed by Richardson's opponent Kevin Gallagher, has made it clear that he supports Gallagher and will intervene in this race directly if there were any more shenanigans in this race.

Will this be what it takes? Are the unnamed people running the Richardson campaign reckless enough to want to trigger that?

8 comments:

Dabney said...

I'm shocked! Shocked! that this would be happening.

LeftWingCracker said...

Unnamed? Hell, I thought I already had named them!

LeftWingCracker said...

Not only that, last year, as I was coming out of the Kennedy Day Banquet for the SCDP, I had a young man desperately trying to affix a bumpersticker on my car, and I told him no, I only voted for DEMOCRATS.

Otherwise, I would have met the same fate.

Freedonian said...

Very Casablanca, Dabness. "I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find out there's gambling going on here."

Cracker,
Judging by how swiftly my phone rung after the last one, I don't think my hesitance to name him will prevent anyone from knowing who it is.

Last year, Derek and I were leaving a Ford event. I just looked at my car and said "WTF???"

Dabney said...

The best time was when Ford, Jr. came to our parking lot to litter the cars with stickers - anyone who didn't have a Cohen sticker got one on their car - and the TCBY kids came running into headquarters to get us to make him stop.

Anonymous said...

Where are you getting this information from, if you don't mind me asking?

Freedonian said...

Anon,

I was asked to keep their names out of the story, and I did so.

Meg said...

I got at least 10 calls the other day from a robot numbet 000-000-0000. They hung up and hung up and hung up. To the point where I started picking up the phone and screaming into the silence "YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP CALLING ME!"

And one of the times I picked up, someone was there. It was a Richardson campaign call.

I answered the phone only after they called a number of times in a row. Then nobody is there?

Not a good way to get people to vote for you.